Giggles is looking for a full-time Assistant Manager to support the Store Manager in the daily operations of the shop. The role of the Assistant Store Manager’s focus will be customer service, sales and day-to-day operations. Please send all resumes to email@example.com.
Qualifications to Apply
- HS diploma or equivalent
- 1- 2 years in retail management or sales leader experience required.
- Experience with Point of Sale software (Lighspeed Retail a plus!)
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work 30 - 40 hours per week including some weekend and holiday work (Note: the month prior to Easter and from mid-November through Christmas are extremely busy)
- Ability to travel as needed to attend trade shows and markets
- Must have the ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds or more
This job might be for you if:
- You like meeting people. At Giggles, we know most of our customers by their first names.
- You like helping people. We make gift giving a little easier and a lot more fun for our customers by providing top notch service. If you like to sit behind a cash register, this position is not for you.
- You can provide an experience. We deliver WOW moments for our customers - whether it is going above and beyond to find a product they are looking for or bringing a balloon bouquet to their car.
- You are fun. You can’t work in a toy store if you aren’t fun. Let your hair down, spread joy, have fun, laugh and smile.
- You have leadership skills. You must be able to motivate the sales team to reach or exceed sales goals.
- You are motivated and goal driven. Sales is the name of the game! This position has an emphasis on customer service and sales. You must be able to analyze sales data and be enthusiastic about meeting goals.
- You love toys. Who doesn’t? Our shop sells products for babies – tweens and everything in between!
- You are organized and detail oriented. It’s just a must have.
- You are creative. Think outside the box. Create an event to bring customers into the shop. Develop a fun social media post to engage our audience.
- You can troubleshoot. Whether a customer has an issue or a staff member isn’t following protocols, you must be able to resolve the situation.
- You are a multi-tasker. Can you check someone out while answer the phone? Can you handle customer service while a delivery comes in?
What Your Day May Look Like
- Get to work around 9:30/9:45 AM
- Talk with store manager about store priorities for the day
- Do opening count of the cash register
- Walk through the shop and restock as necessary
- Open the doors for business
- Serve customers as needed, show new merchandise, provide gift recommendations
- Receive merchandise from UPS and FedEx
- Check out a customer and gift wrap the item
- Re-merchandise a display to showcase new product
- Check for products without labels – everything should have a price!
- Train a sales team member on a new skill – social media, engaging customers, etc.
- Exchange a product for a customer
- Work with manager to develop sell down strategies, markdowns and promotions
- Brainstorm an upcoming store event to generate foot traffic
- Work with manager on social media marketing for the week
- Assist store manager as needed
- Run to the warehouse to get product to restock
- Count and close the drawer
- Lights out at 6:05 PM
- Competitive pay
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- Generous employee discount
- Holiday Bonus
- Travel expenses paid to attend market
- Lunch on us (every now and then!)
- A fantastic team to work with!
Please send all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org